Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Is it the destination or the journey?

I have heard the old adage, “It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey.”  We were recently going to visit my Grandma, who lives about 4 hours from us.  We needed to make a few stops on the way, and after some shopping and visiting with my aunt, the trip ended up taking us 6 hours. 

While I really enjoyed the journey, I enjoyed the stops, visits and sights, and everybody got along! 
P1010671
Still I couldn’t wait until we were there.  I kept thinking,” it’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey.”  But then I thought, “no, it is about the destination.”  I couldn’t wait to see my Grandma, it has been a while.  I just wanted to get there.
P1010672
Then I got to thinking about education and more.  Is it about the journey or the destination?  

I think it should be about both.  I have a goals.  I have specific goals for each child, as well family goals. 

I don’t want to ruin the journey by only thinking of the destination.  I don’t want to forget the destination and focus only on the journey.  Then I wouldn’t even know where the journey was supposed to be taking us.  I understand that my destination or goal may change as I am on the journey, but I still want to have something to work towards. 

I have so many more thoughts about this swirling around in my head, it’s just hard for me to put it into words without feeling like I am talking in circles.

I am going to implement more in my life that it is about the destination AND the journey. 

Think about heaven, isn’t it about both?  The destination is so important but the journey is how we get there. 

I am LDS and if you want to learn more about my journey to heaven and what we believe, check Here and Here or even Here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...